Google Analytics Conversion Funnel



In my previous post, I promised to post some more about Google Analytics. Well, here it is. It's about the Google Analytic Conversion Funnel.
After reaching my Blog (by Google) at the Recent Post Widget Updated post, my guest has to navigate to the Downloads page and then has to click the button. Those 3 steps are called a Funnel and a visitor who reaches the target is called a Conversion.
Google Analytics Conversion Funnel Setup

Let's talk about Google Analytic Conversion Funnel Setup:

As you can see, the first step of the Funnel is my post called "Recent Posts Widget Updated". There have been 70 visits to this post. People reach this post through Entrance Points, displayed at the left. From this 70 visitors 50% move on through the funnel to the downloads-page, and 50% leave to another blog-page (the Exit Points, to the right). In the end, only 15% of the visitors reach the end of the Funnel, and click the Install-button.

Setting up a Funnel is simple; you just have to insert a list of all the page urls that are piece of the funnel. The Funnel information is very useful if you have e-commerce goals, and want to know how people are reaching your payments-page, but as a blogger you can use it to track how people reach your most valuable information.


You can also check clicks on outer links, such as my Install-button, by adding some additional code to the link. This is obviously explained in the help-section of Google Analytics.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, you made a wonderful post. Funnel is really a great way of making any business success. The experience you share here seems very effective and worth to follow. Google analytics is a unbeatable tools to learn and know the trends of the users of a site and the conversion funnel set up details you instructed was totally helpful for me. Thanks a lot for excellent support to your fans and users. Though this was my first visit to this site, I really enjoyed the post and I would like to admit that I am leaving this site achieving some good knowledge on funnel. I also like to share a site that will be helpful for advancing the Affiliate program, and clickfunnels email marketing. Hope someone will find these useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hunting for grabbing some good information on click funnel as I am working on it and it's my great pleasure that I was scrolling my mouse pointer on the google search page and found this awesome post. No question about the triumphant forwardness of google in the internet world. All the tools and products it gifted to us are unbeatable. Anyway, let's come to the points. Yeah, the term conversion funnel undoubtedly plays a vital role to make any business super shaped. The benefit or worthiness of analytics conversion indescribable. Thanks for mentioning the set up process. This was surely very helpful. I can also a book for those who are thinking of using click funnel and please check this free book to grab the whole ideas and process.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

More From Webworld